Quick Pea Pesto
This might be helpful when a kid sits staring at his helping of peas ...! Nice and easy! Adjust to your taste. (Recipes courtesy of Food.com - Zurie.)
Category: Side Dishes - Author: Ready in: 10m - Waiting time: 5m
For 4 Servings(s) ()
- 1 pound(s) peas, frozen (500 g)
- 0.38 cup(s) of fresh mint, chopped up (100 ml)
- 0.38 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped up (100 ml)
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- tablespoon(s) cream, fresh (15 - 30 ml)
Quick Pea Pesto Directions
- Steam the peas without water if they're still frozen. I prefer the young, tender peas. Drain the peas in a sieve after cooking.
- Drain, put into food processor, and add the mint, parsley and salt.
- Depending on the consistency of the pea puree, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of fresh cream, or more if you like.
- Ground nutmeg is an optional extra seasoning. Depending on taste, you might want to add more mint or/and parsley. This is a nutritious side dish.
- Great as a side with roast chicken or lamb.