It is easy to prepare and tastes better the next day. (Recipes courtesy of Food.com - Jan.)
Category: Side Dishes - Author: Ready in: 20m - Cooking time: 1h -
For 4 Servings(s) ()
- 1 (17 -34 ounce) cancanned sauerkraut, drained
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 small onion
Polish Sauerkraut Directions
- Fry bacon until just about crisp.
- Place on a paper towel to drain fat.
- Discard fat from frying pan except for about 1 tablespoon.
- Chop onion into 1 inch pieces.
- Place in pan and saute until translucent.
- Place on same paper towel to drain fat.
- In a large pot, place sauerkraut,1 or 2 cans of water, bacon and onion.
- Cook sauerkraut at least one half hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Tastes better the next day.
- Optional- You can cook a link (1 pound) of fresh Polish sausage for added flavor and use the meat as part of your meal.